Sunday 22 February 2015

Gherkin and other woolly bits

Meet Gherkin.  He has been with us for about 2 years now and is an integral part of our home.  I really love this cat.  (Maybe not as much as the real cats but close)  It is made from the pattern Pickles the cat by Linda Dawkins.  The pattern calls for worsted weight but when looking for the right yarn, I came across a skein of Noro Kogarashi and loved the colour and texture.  Even though this is Aran weight, it worked beautifully.  She also has an owl pattern that is adorable.  That may be a buddy for Gherkin in the future.




The sun was brilliant here yesterday, and I kept following it around with my camera.  It is so bright and spring like.  I thought I would toss in a few winter woolly pics as well. Yarn really does dominate in my home.  There are not too many areas that don't have a skein, or a basket; throw or pillow. I often admire a very clean, modern look in a home but then I know I would not be able to live in it without a knit throw or crochet pillow or a basket of decorative yarn. I find it just adds a warming touch that I find necessary. Enjoy your day.




No comments:

Post a Comment